Introduce yourself!

Hiya LoungePair Community!

We’d love to break the ice a little bit and have everyone get to know one another. Feel free to introduce yourself!

• Who are you and where are you from?
  • What is your favourite airport lounge? (Feel free to show off a link or photos!)
  • What’s one fun fact about you not related to travel?
  • Where would you love to travel to if you could go anywhere?

I guess I’ll start it off:

I’m Daniel Kinnoch, and I am one of the co-founders of LoungePair. I live in Auckland, New Zealand with my wife and son. I was however born in Adelaide, Australia, and lived there for most of my life before moving across the Tasman in 2014. Prior to starting LoungePair, I have worked as an urban planner for local government, and have also been an editor for Point Hacks, the most popular points and miles website in Australia.

My favourite airport lounge is Cathay Pacific’s The Pier First Class lounge. The lounge is refined, has incredible à la carte food options, free massages, and day suites that you can enjoy. Though to be honest, I would be happy with almost any Cathay Pacific lounge when travelling.

A fun fact about me: I prefer to eat with chopsticks as opposed to a knife and fork. Ever since I learned how to use them properly, I find that they’re easier to eat with, you get less metallic taste in your mouth, and you can even cook with them, e.g. when turning over food on a frying pan!

If I could travel anywhere, it would be many of the small islands to the south of Japan. I feel that they’d be a beautiful place to solo visit, where you could stay in a small lodge and just explore small towns and the coastline for weeks at a time.

Over to you!